6 tips to improve your Sleep
Sleep is important your goal should be to get a minimum of 6 hours sleep.
Long term effects of under 6 hours can include a decrease in insulin sensitivity, glucose tolerance, leptin and many other factors.
6 tips to improve sleep-
- Consume caffeine more than 6 hours from bedtime eg going to sleep at 10pm, consume caffeine no later than 4pm.
- Train in the morning-
Study by Roveda. 2011 demonstrated that training in the morning either endurance or strength had positive effect on night time rest, making it easier to fall asleep, lengthening the real time of sleep, and improving the overall quality of sleep.
- Replace LED with a blue LED-
Blue LED during the night didn’t change sleep patterns but raised metabolic rate in the morning. Also Blue Blocker Glasses were designed to stop the interruption of melatonin whilst looking at a computer screen, mobile phone, etc. Resulted suggested a significant reduction in the disruption of melatonin.
- Supplementing with L-ornithine 400 mg a day. AUS Buy Here or USA Buy Here
- Supplementing with Melatonin, zinc and magnesium= 5 mg melatonin, 225 mg magnesium, and 11.25 mg zinc helped people with primary insomnia. USA Buy Here orAus Buy Here
- Supplement GABA- 200mg of GABA 30 minutes before bed. USA Buy Here orAus Buy Here
I am a new Personal Training to Brisbane- Need help with getting results?
Email us on email@example.com for a free consult!
By Alexander Kuhle
Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science