The Secrets to a Better Body
Secrets of Nutrition
1. Calories- Macros- Proteins, Carbohydrates, Fats. This is the most basic principle and is the most relied upon aspect of nutrition in the fitness industry. However as a basic rule if you are a trained individual, consumption of protein every 3 hours should be implemented due to nitrogen balance.
2. Purpose- All calories should have a purpose. Putting “1 cup of veggies” in a meal plan is too broad, a certain type of vegetable should be consumed in order for a particular purpose eg have 50 grams of spinach for iron,etc.
3. The effect on hormones and other body functions. Some popular “healthy” foods have negative effects on hormones causing further difficulty in both fat loss and poor energy levels. For example Soy has negative effects on testosterone and can raise estrogen.
4. Absorption- Certain foods, vitamins, minerals can either assist or negate uptake of certain nutrients. For example vitamin C can help absorb Iron 3-6 times more effectively.
5. Be maintainable and lifestyle driven. You shouldn't have to “diet” through life but rather enjoy food through science. Too many people extreme diet, lose the weight but then put it all back on. Wasting time and money.
6. Supplementation, dosage and timing- Not all supplements are the same and certain supplements need a particular amount to become effective. Timing can also play a role depending on nutrition, exercise, goals, etc.
Secrets of Exercise
1. Overload- A progression in weight lifted with proper form.
2. Periodisation- Increasing the resistance but calculated with science and implementing deload periods.
3. Biomechanics- The understanding of the angles will change the area of stress on a muscle. This aspect is incorporated in weaker body parts.
4. Over training- Does exist!
Central- motivation, neural activation, etc
Peripheral- Calcium stores, recruitment of muscle fibres, depolarisation, etc
For meal plans, training programs or comp prep please CLICK HERE or email email@example.com